For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to: -
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No one with a communicable disease is allowed to enter the park.
- Don’t spit on the vegetation or soil while in the park, use your hankies or other garment.
- Don’t use flashes while photographing the gorillas.
- Stay together to a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- You are allowed a maximum of 1 hour with the mountain gorillas.
- Turn a way from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres to the gorillas.
- Burry all human feaces in a minimum of one feet deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with gorillas or within a distance of 200 from the gorillas.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t make loud noise or move suddenly.
For your gorilla tracking packages to Uganda and RwandaGoogle+