Chimpanzee Tracking Rules
Rules to follow while trekking Chimpanzees
- The maximum number of people in a group is 4 visitors per guided walk.
- Please note that sightings depend on factors such as time of the day fruit availability, weather and how quite the primate group is.
- The maximum time allowed with the chimps is one hour; the time however might be shortened under the guide’s discretion to eliminate stressful situations for the chimps.
- Children under 12 years are not allowed to view the chimps for safety reasons.
- Don’t get closer than 8 meters from the chimps or the distance that your guide recommends.
- Please refrain from eating near the chimps and other primates. Such as chimpanzee trekking and gorilla trekking In Uganda
- Carry rain gear/Rain Jacket, wear long boots that cover your toes and long trousers as there are red ants and slippery trails, a hat and sun screen as the whether is unpredictable as well as insect repellant.
- When chimp trekking you are advised to remain in a tight group and follow the guide’s directions at all times.